Monday, June 15, 2009

Guess what's left...

Ok, so one of the reasons I was avoiding writing my warrior intro for so long is that now I only have one tank left... And he's stuck at 76. As much as I hate leveling, it's hard to get into it when I can't get a grip on the playstyle. I mean, Deathknights can have over 30-move long rotations! That's on par with the ultra combo from Killer Instinct. Which I've only ever managed to do once, and it was by accident. I'm sure most groups don't want me to accidentally survive a boss fight, as amusing as it might be at the time.

So I have the Deathknight intro left, then I'm planning on doing some instance run comparisons. I'm hoping to do a 4 day heroic marathon with my guild, to get the same 4 people. I'll be posting my comparative impressions on how the runs went for each tank. It'll be hard to strictly compare them since I'm sure my DK won't be as geared as my druid who is wearing gear from ulduar. And I've tried to keep my bias out of the intros, since i greatly prefer tanking on my druid over any of the others.

While I'm tooling with a general post... I did somehow find myself tanking a Naxx25 raid, which was supposed to be a geared quick clear, and ended up spending 2 hours looking for the final 5 members, and then about 6 hours inside. We did get farther than any other pug I've been in. We didn't manage to clear, and called it on the last wing, 2 bosses from sapphiron. I did manage to snag one of the 3 items I still need from there, and while it was a long run, I did have some fun, depsite that one paladin who rolls on every item, which seems to always be in every run I do. It's not even the same one, which leads me to conclude that most paladins just roll on every item and hope they get something in their bags that they can use at the end of the day.

I even ran a few heroics on my warrior trying to get enough badges to buy another heirloom dagger for my hunter. It's painful to play him now, since it takes so much more effort to hold a pack of mobs against the AOE. It feels like how playing my DK is sometimes, which is actually conforting. I know it's just rust and that means there's still hope for my DK.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment